At Cheyney, we believe that every student should have the opportunity to pursue their passion. That’s why we offer an array of scholarships for students with financial need and those with exceptional academic, athletic or artistic talent.
Scholarships from Cheyney University
Please review the many opportunities listed below. Each scholarship is likely to have separate application instructions and criteria for consideration. If you are offered a scholarship, remember to carefully review all details in the award letter. Scholarships are only authorized when students fully abide by all policies, terms and obligations. In addition:
- Scholarships at Cheyney University require completion of the FAFSA (only International students are exempt from this requirement).
- Students must complete all requirements for determination of eligibility of federal aid. Please communicate with the financial aid office if you have any questions.
- Scholarships are intended to provide financial support to assist students in meeting educational costs associated with college attendance.
- Many scholarships require full-time attendance.
- Most scholarships are awarded 50% in the fall semester and 50% in the spring.
- Most scholarships require students to write a thank you letter to the donor.
- Scholarship awards may be automatically rescinded if students do not satisfy all requirements and expectations associated with accepting an award.
- Scholarships are an earned privilege, and students may only continue to receive scholarship support if they demonstrate full compliance with the expectations associated with an award.
- Some scholarships are awarded based on residency within Pennsylvania.
KEYSTONE HONORS ACADEMY SCHOLARSHIPS
Honors Scholarships and Keystone Scholarships at Cheyney University are competitively awarded to academically talented students who are admitted into the honors academy. A limited number of awards are made based on availability and the strength of the students’ qualifications. The minimum criteria for consideration include:
- For first-time college students: Cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (average is a 3.5)
- For first-time college students: Combined SAT scores of a 1080 or 21 or higher ACT score
- For transfer students: Completion of a minimum of 24 college-level credit hours, and a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.5.
- Completion of an application to Cheyney University
- Admission into Cheyney University or the Keystone Scholarship, PA domicile (including US citizenship or permanent residency)
The Keystone Scholarship:
The Keystone Scholarship is awarded to a select group of students who are admitted into the Keystone Honors Academy, and who meet the requirements for PA domicile (including US citizenship or permanent residency). The award includes:
- A tuition scholarship (full last-dollar scholarship, adjusted according to Financial Aid)
- Room and board (double occupancy room and a 19 meal plan + flex points)
*if you choose a Single room there is an additional charge to pay out-of-pocket*
- Fees associated with enrollment in the University
- An array of special services and programs to support student success
These scholarships are automatically renewed each semester for up to four years when students meet the obligations of the Academy. All students must comply with all obligations in the KHA and the following:
- For the Keystone scholarship, students must maintain domicile in the state of Pennsylvania from the time of application through completion of your approved course of study and graduation.
- Students must participate in community service and/or volunteer with the Keystone Honors Academy. Service learning courses satisfy this requirement. Students must have community service on file with the KHA office.
Please review the requirements for PA residency. Please note that PA residency requires satisfaction of several standards, and is often determined by state income taxes. Only individuals who satisfy the requirements for PA residency, as defined by these policies, may receive the Keystone Scholarship.
The Honors Scholarship
This award is available to a select group of honors students who reside outside of Pennsylvania. The scholarships are awarded to students who qualify for admission into the Honors Academy and includes:
- $5,000 a year, renewable for up to four years.
- 15% tuition reduction.
Students must continually meet the requirements of the Honors Academy in order for the award to be renewed.
Additional awards may be made, based on availability. All awards are available in limited quantities, and students who are selected to receive an award will receive an award letter outlining the full terms of the award.