Cheyney University ensures students with disabilities have equal access to all of its educational programs and services in compliance with Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act, 2008.
The Office for Student Accessibility (OSA) is committed to providing students with disabilities reasonable accommodations and the necessary supports to reach their educational goals. The Office works closely with students and faculty to foster student success.
A variety of resources are available for faculty with the goal to better support accessibility.
- Students will meet with Professor Malickel during the first week of classes to review and sign off on their accommodation plan.
- If housing needs are a concern students need to clearly indicate this so that it is addressed over the summer.
- Lastly, if students are planning to attend Summer Bridge, then they need to indicate and forward their docs so that the review can be completed, and the meeting can take place on the first day of summer bridge. The summer accommodation plan will then be in effect based on the bridge courses the student is taking and a new plan will go into effect for fall courses (similar to the above process).
Arranging Accommodations for New and Current Students:
· Request Accommodations by completing this form.
· Submit current and comprehensive documentation to the Office for Student Accessibility.
· Schedule a meeting with the Office of Student Accessibility to discuss accommodation procedures.
· After documentation review has been completed, the individualized meeting will consist of discussing accommodations, completion of needed paperwork and distribution to the student.
· It is the student’s responsibility to pick up the accommodation letter every semester and disseminate it to individual instructors.
· If any concerns arise regarding the implementation of accommodations then the student should reach out to the OSA Coordinator for additional assistance.
· For questions or to request accommodations for a physical disability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Documentation will need to be provided from a licensed medical professional for accommodation services related to physical concerns.