The Horace Mann Bond – Leslie Pinckney Hill Scholarship provides full scholarships for eligible Cheyney University graduates who are continuing their studies in professional and graduate programs at Pennsylvania State System and state-related universities. These scholarships are designed to attract highly qualified students to a wide array of professional and graduate programs, including law, medicine, podiatry, STEM*, computer science, health sciences, education*, dentistry, and counseling*, as well as the Masters’ Degrees in Business Administration*, Public Administration, and Public Health Administration, and the Doctorate of Education (Ed. D)..
Students enrolled in professional graduate-level programs in law, medicine, podiatry, and dentistry at partner universities receive priority funding. Based upon available funding, scholarships also may be awarded to students admitted to additional professional and graduate programs at the partner universities.
The participating State System Universities are:
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania
- Millersville University of Pennsylvania
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Participating State-Related Universities are:
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania
- Penn State University
- Temple University
- University of Pittsburgh
In order to take advantage of the Bond-Hill scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania (US citizenship/Permanent residency)
- Be a graduate of Cheyney University within the last five years
- Gain acceptance into an eligible program at a State System or State-Related University
- Remain in good academic standing throughout the duration of their academic program (a minimum of a 3.0 is required)
- Continue your studies in professional and graduate programs
Eligible students may receive a full tuition scholarship, books and fee-waivers.The award can be renewed for a maximum of four academic years based on satisfactory academic achievement and progress toward one’s professional degree or approved graduate degree program.
Please note that this scholarship program is not applicable to Cheyney University’s graduate school programs. Students may not apply for the Bond-Hill Scholarship to attend a graduate program offered at Cheyney University.