Welcome to the Cheyney University Hotel, Restaurant, & Tourism Management Program (HRTM)!
The Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management (HRTM) Program prepare confident, competent, and reflective leaders by providing students with a cutting-edge experiential education that boosts their industry knowledge, hones their decision-making and critical thinking skills, and prepares them for entry-level managerial success. The hospitality industry is among the largest and fastest-growing industries in the world, and hospitality careers are plentiful and varied as they encompass the sub-sectors of hotels and lodging, food and beverage, travel and tourism, recreation and leisure, and meetings and events.
The HRTM Program at Cheyney is proudly accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA).
The HRTM Program at Cheyney provides a world-class educational experience thanks to
- critical partnerships with leading industry organizations,
- the incorporation of industry-prevalent certifications and training,
- our emphasis on applied learning via classroom and in-the-field role playing and problem-solving activities, managerial simulations like HOTELsim™,
- class trips featuring managerial Q & A’s and facility tours,
- the requirement of internships and field experiences
In addition, the HRTM program hosts The Cheyney Grille—a flexible, 50-seat, student managed restaurant and teaching kitchen located in Harris-Turner Hall. The Grille allows our students to combine theory and practice by regularly providing weekday lunch options for faculty and staff, as well as hosting specialty catering services to the campus and surrounding communities.