At Cheyney, we understand that there’s more to you than your academic pursuits. That’s why we’re committed to a campus-wide culture of wellness that promotes total fitness of the mind, body and soul.
Our campus-wide Wellness Initiative offers holistic support for our students and includes coaching, tools, and strategies for your wellbeing. We provide useful techniques for students to address aspects of your life that could hold you back from reaching your full potential.
Our comprehensive Health and Wellness prevention services and activities include:
- Emotional and Mental Wellness – Being the Best You
- TEST – Stress Less
- Women, Wisdom and Well-being
- Wellness Day – Massage, aromatherapy, energy balancing and health information
- Intergenerational Wellness Word conversation
- Cheyney Community Wellness Culture activities
- Online courses on prescription drugs, substance abuse, depressants and opioids.
- Mental Health Mondays
- Restorative Yoga & Hip Hop Yoga
- Healthy Campus Initiative
- Tobacco Free Initiative
- Health and Wellness – Sexual & Reproductive Health Initiatives
Cheyney University also considers recreation and leisure to be one of the best ways to balance school, work, family, relationships and play. To this end, healthy and fun activities are organized for students throughout the school year.