As a Cheyney student, you’ll be matched with a faculty advisor who will play a critical role in helping you make the most of your academic experience. Faculty advisors serve as mentors who assist with curricular planning and support your growth and development as a student. Consulting with your advisor on a regular basis–at least twice each semester–will help foster your academic and professional development.
Students who declare a major are assigned an advisor from that specific academic program. First-year students and students who are undeclared are assigned a general advisor.
Faculty advisors assist by:
- Introducing you to the curriculum, the major and requirements to complete a degree program
- Guiding you through course selections
- Serving as a subject-matter expert
- Offering advice and mentoring
- Helping make connections between academic and career pathways
- Recommending internships
- Introducing you to professional development and experiential learning
- Mentoring you through the graduate school selection and application process
Academic advising is one of several ways Cheyney is here to support your success.