The Information Technology Department at Cheyney University is responsible for maintaining all faculty and staff office computers, as well as lab computers. Our IT Help Desk analysts will make every attempt to answer questions or resolve computing problems directly. If we’re unable to resolve an issue, it will be forwarded to the appropriate technical personnel to ensure a timely resolution. See the message below from our Chief Technology Officer:
Dear Cheyney University Community,
I am pleased to present the 2022-2025 Technology Strategic Plan for Cheyney University. The development of this plan was a cross institutional effort with contributors from faculty and staff. This plan will guide our efforts to provide scalable, efficient, cost-effective technology and solutions that enable our community continuous and secure access to data and solutions from any place at any time.
The Technology Strategic Plan is organized around five strategic themes:
- OneSIS – Over the next couple years, Cheyney University will be embarking on a conversion of the enterprise resource planning system (ERP) from a local version of PowerCampus to the consolidated, cloud-based PASSHE system of Banner.
- Security – Computer security, cybersecurity, or information technology security is the protection of computer systems and networks from information disclosure, theft of, or damage to their hardware, software, or electronic data, as well as from the disruption or misdirection of the services they provide
- Technology Governance – The process of exercising political, economic and administrative authority in the development, diffusion and operation of technology in societies.
- Automation – The process of taking manual processes and moving them to an automatic process that requires little or no human intervention
- Communication Technologies – Equipment and programs that are used to process and communicate information such as phone systems, websites and social media.
As part of our commitment to these themes, the Office of Information Technology will continuously update the Plan to reflect the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that have been achieved. This effort complements the strategic objectives laid out in the Cheyney University Strategic Plan and gives the university a roadmap for building an agile technology environment that improves student engagement, community well-being, modernizes and simplifies the overall IT environment, and provides a plan for the Cheyney community with the skills, training, and tools necessary to execute the institution’s strategy and mission.
I am proud and honored to lead a group of talented, smart, and dedicated professionals and students who, in collaboration with Cheyney University, will deliver on our Plan. The Plan guides our efforts, helps us prioritize, and is broad enough to enable us to address new opportunities and challenges as they arise. We are committed to providing products and services that enable Cheyney University to be more efficient and innovative in carrying out our mission to equip and empower students of diverse backgrounds to be visionary leaders in their chosen fields.
Grant Davis, Chief Technology Officer
Ellucian at Cheyney University