What is TRiO Stem?
TRiO Student Support Services STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math)- is a comprehensive support program that provides academic assistance to up to 140 students at Cheyney University. The program promotes educational opportunities for undergraduate students. It provides academic and personal development opportunities which assist students with college requirements.
TRIO STEM Programs & Benefits
The STEM Program offers the following services to students:
- Peer Mentoring Assistance
- Supplemental Tutorial Support
- Cultural & Educational Events
- Academic Skills Workshops
- Limited Assistance with Financial Aid & Scholarship Application
- Financial & Economic Literacy Education
- Quiet study rooms with computers and an accessible printer
- Graduate & Professional Assistance
Requirements to Join TRiO STEM
All Students who meet the eligibility rules may apply to the STEM program:
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Have a need for Academic Support
- Must be a full-time student.
- Must maintain a 2.0 GPA requirement.
- First-generation College student
- Documented Learning of Physical Disability
- Major in (Biology, Nursing, Computer Science)
TRiO Student Support Services & TRiO STEM Programs cultivate student success through engagement, empowerment, and support for TRIO participants.