Like all universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, Cheyney has an 11-member Council of Trustees, which carries out the Board of Governors’ policies and deals with a variety of local issues. The Council must have at least two alumni members and one student representative. Members of the Council are appointed by the Governor of Pennsylvania for a six-year term and are eligible for reappointment. The Chancellor is an ex-officio member of every individual University Council of Trustees in the State System.
The duties, responsibilities, and powers of Cheyney University’s Council of Trustees are set by Act 188. The Council meets at least five times a year and publishes an agenda prior to each meeting. Meetings are open to the public. The Council reflects the University’s diverse population and possesses an array of professional expertise.
The trustees are an active, valuable supporting force for Cheyney University. The President frequently consults with trustees on University issues and initiatives important to the future success of the University. The Council of Trustees greatly assists with advancing the reputation of Cheyney University and representing the University throughout the state and nation.
Council of Trustees Meetings (2020)
- February 26, 2020 – Founder’s Day Celebration
- March 17, 2020 – Council of Trustees Quarterly Meeting
- May 9, 2020 – Commencement Ceremony
- June 16, 2020 – Council of Trustees Quarterly Meeting
- September 15, 2020 – Council of Trustees Quarterly Meeting
- October 3, 2020 – Homecoming Weekend
- December 15, 2020 – Council of Trustees Quarterly Meeting
Council of Trustees Meeting Minutes