The following persons are required to report to the campus Health Office:
- Anyone with close contact with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 by laboratory testing or with a presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19, meaning not tested but diagnosed by a physician as likely to have the infection.
- Anyone living on campus in University Housing and having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including flu-like symptoms with chills, muscle aches, and diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath, or fever. In addition, the sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste can be an early sign of COVID-19 and should be immediately reported.
- Anyone returning from international travel, regardless of country traveled from.
- Anyone returning from travel by cruise ship.
- Reporting is easy, simply call at 610 399-2260 or e-mail the Health Office at email@example.com.
- Cheyney COVID19 Notification Procedures
- The University will conduct mandatory, periodic health screening for all employees and students. The Administration is currently evaluating plans for a daily screening process. Screening schedules and locations will be communicated and posted. Health screens will be conducted by trained professionals and/or Health Center Staff. A standard health screening procedure will be mandatory for all authorized guests and visitors to the University.
- Testing will be required for those showing symptoms of COVID-19 and those at risk of exposure. Testing will not be conducted on the premises. Those who need a test will be directed to the nearest Mainline Health Facility.
- In the event of transmission at the campus (confirmed case), we have protocols in place to communicate to the campus (students, faculty and staff), community constituents, and the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- If there is a confirmed case, the appropriate party will interview the person affected in order to ascertain key information to attempt to identify people and places that the person interacted within a given amount of time.
- The Administration is currently evaluating plans to utilize a robust tool/system to facilitate this process.
- The University has a quarantine plan for those who may need it. This will include residential-student quarantining should it be necessary.
County Status Change (Red/Yellow/Green)
- The Administration will monitor any changes in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health County Status (Red/Yellow/Green) for Chester and Delaware Counties and make adjustments to campus operations accordingly.