Commencement is a distinguished ceremony, and all participants must act accordingly. It is very important for everyone to have an enjoyable, safe graduation ceremony. Please be mindful of the following:
- Please arrive on time!
- Graduates and Participants are expected at Cope Hall no later than 8:30 a.m., on Commencement Day (TBD). Commencement will begin promptly at 10 a.m.
- Late arrivals will not be able to sit with their major – late arrivals will be escorted and are to fall in at the end of the line.
- Faculty members are expected to arrive at the Marian Anderson building by 8:30 a.m.
- All Graduates and Participants must wear Commencement Regalia.
- Sneakers will not be allowed, they are not a part of the Academic Regalia.
- Please do not bring purses or cameras or other items; you are to carry only your hood to your seat
- For Graduates and Participants – Commencement Programs will be on your seats.
- Please prepare to be seated for at least one (1) hour for the duration of the ceremony.
- The Official Line up for procession: Faculty; Class of 1970; Undergraduates; Grand Marshal; Platform Guests; President.
- Orderly conduct is a must! Please stay in the designated areas and obey Public Safety Officers and Ushers at all times.
- Student and guest parking is available in the Airport Parking Lot (E) and the upper parking lots A & B (Near Wade Wilson)
- Disability access: There will be a shuttle van that will transport disabled guests from parking lots B and E to and from the Commencement Ceremony every 15 minutes beginning 8:30 a.m.
- The parking lot at Marian Anderson is reserved for platform guests only.
- No beverages or illegal substances are permitted on the campus.
- Please keep all children out of the graduate line-up and off the stage.
- Pictures will be taken as you receive your degree from the President.
Parking Lot Key:
- Parking Lots A & B: Wade Wilson Administration Building
(Graduates and Guests).
- Parking Lot C: Marcus Foster (Class of 1970)
- Parking Lot D: Marian Anderson (Platform Guests).
- Parking Lot E: Airport Parking Lot (Graduates and Guests).
You must enter from Creek Road.
- There will be two courtesy shuttle vans running from Parking lots B & E to the Commencement area.
- Absolutely no parking on Cheyney Road, Creek Road or any grass areas!