At Cheyney, we welcome students from around the world, and recognize that the dynamic diversity they bring to our campus benefits every member of our community. That’s why we make it simple for international students to apply for admission.
- Complete and submit your application online
- Submit your official test scores
- TOEFL (79 or higher internet-based test)
- SAT (Combined score of 880)
- ACT (Composite score of 17 or higher)
- Submit Secondary School Documents
- Final results from testing services such as GCE, GCSE, WAEC, UMALUSI, and others
- An official original language transcript or certificate in a sealed envelope and certified by one of the following:
- The administrator of the student’s school
- A U.S. Embassy official
- A Ministry of Education official
- Staff member of the U.S. Overseas Advising Office
- An official Notary Public
We also accept official documents by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from your school counselor, the ministry of education, the administrator of the national exams, or any other official education official on a case-by-case basis.
In order to enjoy a full and successful educational experience at Cheyney, proficiency in English is required. To meet Cheyney standards, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Achieve the minimum required test score for English proficiency.
- Provide a formal English report as authorized by the United States Embassy, or reside in a country where English is recognized as an official language.
- If you do not meet English proficiency requirements, please consider completing our English as a Second Language (ESL) partnership program at a nearby community college. You will be able to enroll at CU after completing the ESL program.