new EMPLOYEE information
Welcome to Cheyney University of Pennsylvania!
As part of your on-boarding process, new employees are required to complete the following documents and forms as well as acknowledge receipt of certain policies from Cheyney University, PASSHE or the Board of Governors. All these documents including the New Hire Summary Checklist MUST be returned to the Office of Human Resources.
- New Hire Document Checklist (Use this to ensure you bring all relevant materials to the Office of Human Resources)
- Please read the complete Background and Minors Policies for Cheyney University of Pennsylvania. All appointment letters will include contingency language stating that continued employment is dependent on successful completion of background screening. Once we receive your complete new hire documents, please watch your email for instructions from our 3rd party vendor who will complete the background check process.
- Summary of Rights (Please Read)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure (Print and sign)
PAYROLL SERVICES (7)
- I9 (Print and complete ONLY page #7. HR will complete page #8. Use Page #9 to identify valid documents to prove employment eligibility in the US. These MUST be presented in person in the Office of Human Resources)
- W4 Federal Tax Withholding (Print and Sign)
- Ethnicity & Race identification (Print and Sign)
- PA Residency Certification Form (Print and Sign)
- Employee Information Form (Print and Sign)
- University Property Memo (Print and Sign)
- Direct Deposit Authorization (Print and Sign)
POLICY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT (4)
- Employee Handbook (Acknowledge receipt from Office of Human Resources)
- Board of Governor’s Policy 1989-03 on Drug Free Workplace (Print)
- University Policy on Sexual Harassment (Print)
- Management Directive 205-16: Whistleblower Law Act 1986-169 (Print)
If you have any questions about completing any of these forms, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 610 399 2410.