Cheyney’s Center for Career & Professional Development (CCPD) is here to assist you with all aspects of career planning. Whether you’re beginning your college experience or are nearing graduation, the CCPD offers an array of services to help you prepare for what’s next.
Customized Workshops and Seminars
Held throughout the year, our free professional development workshops and events are valuable resources to help students and alumni prepare for the job market. These workshops are designed to help you master a variety of important skills, including:
- Resume and cover letter writing
- Dressing for Success
- Office Etiquette
- Soft Skills
Career Coaching (By appointment)
Students can schedule an appointment to meet with a staff member to work through career plans, review resumes and cover letters, learn job search strategies, practice interview skills, investigate career options, find internships and jobs, and plan and prepare for graduate school.
- Quick Questions — 10-15 minute walk-in consultations
- Career and professional development resources
- Career Fairs (Fall and Spring)
- Employer on-campus interviews
- Assistance with job search strategies
- Industry and company information sessions
- Information about campus, local, regional, national and international employment, and graduate school events and opportunities