keystone honors academy scholarships
Honors Scholarships and Keystone Scholarships at Cheyney University are competitively awarded scholarships for academically talented students who are admitted into the honors academy. A limited number of awards are made based on availability, and the strength of the students’ qualifications. The minimum criteria for consideration include:
- For first-time college students: Cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (average is a 3.5)
- For first-time college students: Combined SAT scores of a 1080 or 21 or higher ACT score
- For transfer students: Completion of a minimum of 24 college-level credit hours, and a minimum cumulative GPA of a 3.5.
- Completion of an application to Cheyney University
- Admission into Cheyney University or the Keystone Scholarship, PA domicile (including US citizenship or permanent residency)
- For first-time college students and transfer students, complete an application to Cheyney University (submit transcripts)
- Direct materials to the “Honors Recruiter” in the Office of Admissions
- Students selected to receive the scholarship will be notified in writing
- Students enrolled in coursework at Cheyney University may apply to the Keystone Honors Academy after completing 24 college-level credits. Students should submit an application and essay to the Keystone Honors Academy office. Awards are made on a competitive basis.
The Keystone Scholarship:
The Keystone Scholarship is awarded to a select group of students who are admitted
into the Keystone Honors Academy, and who meet the requirements for PA domicile (including
US citizenship or permanent residency). The award includes:
• A Tuition scholarship (A full last dollar scholarship, adjusted according to Financial Aid)
• Room and board (double occupancy room and a 19 meal plan + flex points)
• Fees associated with enrollment in the University
• An array of special services and programs to support student success
The scholarships are automatically renewed for up to four years for each semester when students meet the obligations of the Academy. Failure to comply with the obligations of the Academy may result in dismissal from the program and loss of the scholarship. All students must comply with all obligations in the KHA and the following:
For the Keystone scholarship, students must maintain domicile in the state of Pennsylvania from the time of application through completion of your approved course of study and graduation from Cheyney University.
Participate in community service and/or volunteer with the Keystone Honors Academy. Service learning courses satisfy this requirement. Students must have community service on file with the KHA office.
Please review the requirements for PA residency, as defined by Commonwealth Regulation and PA Board of Governors Policy. Please note that PA residency requires satisfaction of several standards, and is often determined by state income taxes. Only individuals who satisfy the requirements for PA residency, as defined by these policies, may receive the Keystone Scholarship.
The Humphreys Scholarship
The Humphreys Scholarship is awarded competitively to a limited number of students and is available to those students who qualify for admission to the Keystone Honors Academy. Benefits include:
- Approximately $3,125 a semester applied to the cost of attendance at Cheyney
- A book scholarship
- Full scholarship amount may be increased at the same percentage as the cost of attendance (if there is a 2% tuition increase, the scholarship may be increased 2% as well)
The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years for each semester when students meet the obligations of the Academy. Failure to comply with the obligations may result in dismissal from the Academy and loss of the Scholarship. There are no state residency requirements for the Humphreys Scholarship, but recipients must be US citizens.
The Honors Scholarship
This award is available to a select group of honors students who reside outside of the state of Pennsylvania. The scholarship is awarded to students who qualify for admission into the Keystone Honors Academy and includes:
- $5,000 a year, renewable for up to four years.
- 15% tuition reduction.
Students must continually meet the requirements of the Keystone Honors Academy in order for the award to be renewed.
Additional awards may be made, based on availability. All awards are available in limited quantities, and students who are selected to receive an award will receive an award letter outlining the full terms of the award.