Applications to the Keystone Honors Academy are carefully and holistically reviewed by a committee made up of the Director of the Honors Academy, a scholarship committee, the University Provost and the President. Every aspect of the application is considered, including essays, recommendations/references, community service, extracurricular activities, secondary school record and SAT/ACT scores. The major consideration is your potential for intellectual and ethical growth. Applications are considered without regard to race, creed, sex, national origin or financial circumstances. There is no application fee to apply to the Keystone Honors Academy.
Admission to the Academy is contingent upon academic achievement and postgraduate service commitment. Admission is a competitive process, and a limited number of scholarships are available. Applications are reviewed holistically and the highest achieving candidates are admitted. The requirements for consideration include:
- Minimum of 3.0 high school grade point average
- An SAT score of 1080 or higher on the combined math and verbal sections (or an ACT score of 21 or higher)
- If transferring from another college or university, a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and a minimum of 30 credit hours of college-level coursework.
- Proof of community service and/or high school service
- Enrollment at Cheyney University
Students who do not qualify upon admission to the University may apply after completion of 30 or more credit hours of college-level coursework.