Federal Work Study (FWS) Student Employment Program
The Federal Work Study Student Employment Program is a "NEED" based, federally funded financial aid program that provides part-time employment opportunities to eligible students, enrolled at least half-time. To apply submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Cheyney University - Federal Work Study Student Employment Application for the year you wish to be considered.
The FAFSA is the application used to determine your "need". The Cheyney University-Federal Work Study Student Employment Application is used to determine where you will work.
Apply Early! Funding is limited.
Unlike other sources of financial aid Federal Work Study Awards will not appear as anticipated aid or as a payment on your account/bill. Students who participate in the program will receive direct, bi-weekly compensation/payment for the hours worked. The earnings from this employment opportunity are intended for the sole purpose of meeting educational expenses as they relate to your enrollment as a Cheyney University Student.
Federal Work Study Student Employment Forms and Documents
- 2017-2018 Work Study Job Application - (Effective March 20, 2018 available only in the aid office)
- Federal Work Study Student Employment Department Job Listings - (On line job descriptions will be available April 18, 2018)
- 2018-2019 Federal Work Study Student Employment Application - Instructions
- 2018-2019 Federal Work Study Student Employment Application
- 2018-2019 Federal Work Study Orientation - Available 4/27/2018
- 2018-2019 Work Study Student Employment Handbook- Available 4/27/2018
- Federal Work Student Student Employment Timesheet - (For record keeping purposes only)
Payroll Forms and Documents
- Authorization to Conduct Employment Background Investigation
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Notification
- Confidentiality of Information and Records Agreement
- Payroll Forms
Federal Work Study Student Employee Supervisor Forms and Documents
- Federal Work Study Student Employment Job Description and Vacancy Form- Contact the Financial Aid Office