Protocol for Commencement & Additional Commencement Information
(All Graduates & Participants)
Commencement is a distinguished ceremony, and all participants must act accordingly. It is very important for everyone to have an enjoyable, safe graduation ceremony. Please be mindful of the following:
- Please arrive on time!
- Graduates and Participants are expected in Dudley Hall no later than 9:30 a.m., Saturday, May 12, 2018. Commencement will begin promptly at 11 a.m.
- Late arrivals will not be able to sit with their major – late arrivals will be escorted and are to fall in at the end of the line
- Faculty members are expected to arrive at Humphreys Hall by 9:30 a.m.
- All Graduates and Participants must wear full Commencement Regalia
- Sneakers will not be allowed, they are not a part of the Academic Regalia
- Please do not bring purses or cameras or other items; you are to carry only your hood to your seat
- Commencement Programs will be on your seats
- Please prepare to be seated for approximately one (1) hour for the duration of the ceremony
- The Official Line up: Grand Marshal; President; Dais Guests; Class of 1968; Faculty; Graduate Students; Undergraduates
- Orderly conduct is a must! Please stay in the designated areas and obey Public
- Safety Officers and ushers at all times
- Student and guest parking is available in the Airport Parking Lot (E) and the upper parking lots A & B (Near Wade Wilson)
- Disability access: There will be two shuttle vans that will transport disabled guests from parking lots B and E to and from the Commencement Ceremony. Shuttle arrival and departure times will be announced closer to Commencement Day.
- The parking lot at Biddle Hall is by permit only
- No beverages or illegal substances are permitted on the campus
- Please keep all children out of the graduate line-up and off the stage
- Pictures will be taken as you receive your degree from the President