The First Year Experience (FYE) program at Cheyney University is designed to promote, support and enhance the academic and co-curricular experiences of first year students. The First Year Experience program at Cheyney University is designed to:
- Support the transition of first-year students to college life.
- Motivate students to pursue excellence in academics, character, and social responsibility.
- Provide information on the key resources and services available on campus.
- Inform students of the steps necessary to ensure a successful collegiate experience
- Introduce opportunities for personal, professional and leadership development.
FYE begins with new student orientation and continues throughout the course of the academic year to include Discovery Days, Freshman Seminar courses, first year student advising and registration, and the Student Success Series. The FYE program will also provide students with:
- Academic and student support services
- Learning communities and cohort blocks
- Mentorship to first-year students